This post is about my fourth year of my Programming class (POS). The image above is from JAXB_OpenWeatherMap, a project which fetches XML data from the OpenWeatherMap API and displays it.
Github repo -> This repo is offline because people from my school were copying my projects and handing them in. 😅
This is for managing my source code when coding our tasks and also so that I can share the code between my Laptop & PC or Windows & Linux on the same system.
The projects show what I learned during the year.
The different grades/years are split up into multiple branches, so I do not have to manage multiple repositories.
This year we focused on web applications.
The main topics we covered were:
- using cookies to save language selections
- Java Servlets
- JSPs (Java/Jakarta Server Pages) + JSTL Core
- using lombok for less manual Java code for data classes
- parsing/creating JSON manually and with Jackson
- parsing/creating XML data manually and with JAXB
I probably spent way too much time on the different projects, but I just love CSS for designing websites and always want them to look as good as possible. This applies especially when I have a lot of ideas.